31 December 2010

Farewell 2010

Watchers 3/5 by Drew Levin

Dear 2010,

Thank you for the best year of my life, I know it wasn’t just you it was me but thank you for making me realise that I’m not such a terrible person after all.

Thank you for letting me follow my dreams, for giving me the courage to travel and for all those amazing times I had whilst I was away. You’ve made me realise that dreams aren’t just dreams they’re plans and they can be achieved and that out of every negative experience you learn something positive about yourself.

Thank you for making me realise that a career isn’t all about the money, it’s about finding your passions and something you believe it. Sometimes you have to take time out of the rat race to really find something you want to do in this world and although I may not be at the end point yet I’m enjoying all those new experiences and finding out what it is I truly want to be.

I know now that being alone isn’t scary and shouldn’t hold you back and that in some ways it can be better because you can play the game according to your rules and do the things that others may think are ridiculous and really enjoy them. I never struggle for company anymore because I am my own best company and nobody knows me better than myself right?

Thank you for my friends and family. Wow are they an amazing bunch of people and although they’re scattered throughout the world I’m grateful that they are part of my life in some way or another, lets grab a coffee sometime soon okay?

I’m sad that this it’s soon to be over between us, I really wanted it to last but I’m glad you’ve made me much more confident about the future. I’m happy to face all those challenges my head held high and embrace all the wonderful things life has to bring.

I’ve laughed and I’ve cried but I’ll always look back on our time together with fond memories.

Goodbye 2010 I'll miss you...

Love Forever
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment