31 October 2011

Things that make you go Oooooo (October 2011)

by WanderingSmile
Happy Halloween! Do you have any exciting plans for tonight? My plans tonight consist of a huge bowl of popcorn, a couple dozen packets of sweets, and a pile of scary movies to watch and a knife at my side! October has been a strange month it started off like summer and now it's ended in winter, I've had intense busy times and times of sheer boredom so I'm almost glad to welcome in a new month....

Halloween Mermaid Make-Up Tutorial - If you're looking for a costume idea for tonight here's an absolutely beautiful one, I love the use of sequins as scales!

When a ghost tour feels a little too real

I Love Tim Burton - I really do!


The Final Act of Self Expression - This is a very interesting idea from Illamasqua, not sure if I'll be hiring them for my funeral just yet but I do like the idea.

20 Ways To Survive in a Horror Movie

DIY Ann Demeulemeester Epine thorn bracelet - Love this tutorial and it's simple to do to, perfect for a Halloween crafting session!


  Bat Necklace Tutorial - Sparkly bats? YES PLEASE! Also be sure to follow Selina's blog for more great DIY projects

Foxy Ladies & Eyeballs

How Kelly Osbourne transformed from bratty rock daughter to model young woman - Kelly O. is such a great woman, the way she has transformed herself over the past years and her complete honesty is such an inspiration.

by JGraystoune
Tim Burton's Children's book "The Giant Zlig" - I was lucky enough to see this book in real life when I visited the Tim Burton exhibition in LACMA and I would have loved a copy of this when I was a kid such a shame Disney rejected it

Animals Inside the Womb

50 Alternative First Date Ideas - I love this list there's so many cute date ideas, now all I need is a date, any takers?


Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech - This month the world lost a revolutionary, someone who completely changed and shaped the way we view the modern world, I think everyone should hear this speech it's just so inspirational.

Ultimate to-do list for living a positive life

Life Lessons from Mean Girls - Mean Girls (and Clueless) is one of my guilty pleasures it's one of those movies I watch when I'm feeling less than fabulous so if you haven't seen it yet what are you waiting for?



God Save McQueen - Alexander McQueen is one of my favourite designers and the Savage Beauty exhibition looked absolutely stunning, unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see it in person but I have the exhibition book which is just as stunning to look at and I totally recommend buying!

Get Crafty with Autumn DIYs

Game of Thrones Minifigs - I think we all know by now how much I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones (currently reading A Storm of Swords) so I love these Lego figures of the characters only thing missing are the dire wolves!



How Do I Get My Blog Noticed? - A few people have asked me for help and advice on blogging and while I'm no expert I'd like to think I can help, this article by Nubby is full of really useful advice. Do you have any tips or advice for fellow bloggers? be sure to comment and share as I'll be featuring your comments in a future blog post!

10 Things Blogging Has Taught Me

Your Online Persona: Are You Regina or Cher? - I mentioned earlier about my love for Mean Girls and Clueless so this comparison to the blogging world is perfect, I definitely identify more with Cher she's was one of my biggest inspirations when I was a Tween!





Tricks & Treats
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment