20 May 2013

Donate Your Bras To Charity!


After losing quite a bit of weight and working out daily I've found my usual bra size was starting to feel a bit lose on me so I decided to go get myself re-measured and yes my bra size has changed which means I'm left with a closet full of bras that no longer fit.

Quite a few of my bras have hardly been worn and are were in such good condition that it seemed a shame to just throw them out, so I did a little research and found a charity that you can donate you old unwanted bras to.


Sometimes we throw things out without a second thought and one of my goals is to be a lot less wasteful and to reuse and recycle as much as I can so when I saw the bra recycling campaign by Against Breast Cancer I just had to spread the word
"When you make a deposit at a Bra Bank, your illfitting or unwanted underwear will be whisked away to start a new life on the other side of the world, where traders support their families selling textiles locally. Successful ventures like this keep many families in developing countries out of poverty whilst providing employment for people at home in the UK."
Bra Banks can be found in various locations throughout the U.K. or you can do what I did and send them directly. By donating your unwanted bras you are not only helping the fight against breast cancer but supporting small businesses and families in poorer countries as well as reducing waste which is a win for everyone, so don't just throw those unloved bras away donate them!


Love & Life
Cate
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment