25 June 2013

Game of Thrones: The Exhibition


The Game of Thrones exhibition reached its climax in Belfast earlier this month and I was lucky enough to get tickets. I've never been to Belfast before and the exhibition was hosted in the new Titanic building on the site where the actual Titanic was built so I was very excited see it as its one epic building!


One of my absolute favourite things about Game of Thrones is the attention to detail that they pay to each costume and prop so I was super excited to get to see them in person especially after reading Inside: Game of Thrones.


I loved seeing those costumes up close and seeing all the tiny details in the embroidery and armour and it was interesting to see the contrast between the simple Stark outfits and the more extravagant Lannisters. There are so many little details you don't get to see and even miss on the show like bones being used as crampons on the Wildling's shoes or the Tully pin Catelyn wears.


Emilia Clarke is tiny, she has such a big presence on screen I never realised how small she was in real life, I don't think I could even fit one of my legs into her dresses! I'll always be House Stark but I do have a soft spot for those Dragons they looked absolutely amazing, I definitely need one for my Game of Thrones collection.


Speaking of my Game of Thrones collection, I love these "battle pieces" from the show and think they should definitely start making a Game of Thrones chess board with them... even though I don't play chess, but it would look pretty awesome right!? And that Stark shield is definitely next on my shopping list from Valyrian Steel


I've seen some pretty amazing Game of Thrones fan art so I loved that they included a few pieces in their exhibition as it's been a great source of inspiration for me to. The Blackwater Bay experience was also a pretty fun addition although I absolutely sucked at it and didn't sink a single ship....

But I do look pretty good on a throne!

Swords & Crowns
Cate
xoxo

More photos of the exhibition here [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment