20 February 2014

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Review


The search for that perfect yet affordable foundation can be hard, I currently use several different ones depending on how my skin is feeling or what time of year it is and I also like to get a bit more out of my foundation which is why I often use BB cream instead, so when I was approached to test Maybelline's new SuperStay Better Skin foundation with its vitamin enriched formula that claims it will give you a better looking skin in 3 weeks I thought I'd give it a go.


Honestly the claims of it giving better skin in 3 weeks I don't buy, in my experience drinking lots of water and a healthy diet is the key to better skin, but that being said it didn't make my skin any worse and actually did make my skin feel and look good. The foundation glides on smooth and feels light on the skin giving you a nice even coverage which covers up any redness or blemishes you may have. I used this in Iceland in extreme cold and it did a really great job of covering up my cold red nose which lasted without primer almost the whole day!


I suffer from extremely dry skin around my nose sometimes and foundation can often exacerbate this but I found using this worked pretty well at keeping my skin hydrated despite it giving a powdery finish, although my dry skin was still noticeable it did a great job of covering it without it looking too obvious and because of the matt finish I didn't need to use any powder on top.


I'm definitely impressed with the results and for £8.99 it's something affordable that in my opinion rivals the more higher end brands, you also get a great amount of product for the price as a little of this goes a long way so it's worth trying out and something I will most definitely continue to use.

Love & Lipstick
Cate
xoxo


*Disclaimer: Although this product was given to me for free for the purpose of a review the thoughts and comments expressed are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment