26 April 2014

Quick & Easy Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pizza


Pizza is the best, I think it's one of my favourite foods although probably not the healthiest so I thought I would try my best at making a healthy version. I guarantee you can make this pizza from scratch in the same time it would take you to get one delivered and best of all it's suitable for those of you who are vegans, vegetarians or suffer from wheat or gluten allergies, don't worry people I got all pizza bases covered!


I've tried quite a few difference recipes for pizza bases but surprisingly this roti recipe works & tastes the best, it's super quick, easy to do and best of all yeast, wheat and dairy free.

Pizza Base
  • 1 cup gluten free flour
  • 1/4 tsp xantham gum
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/3 cup water
♥ Mix the flour, xantham gum, baking powder and salt in a bow then add the oil

♥ Slowly add the water to the mixture until you have a solid ball of dough, if the mix is too dry feel free to add a little more water.

♥ Let the dough rest for 10 minutes

♥ Divide the mixture into two and roll out the dough into 6 - 8 inch bases.

♥ Brush oil on each side of the dough and cook in frying pan on a medium heat until it bubbles then flip it over and cook the other side.

♥ Repeat with the other base & you're done!


The sauce is what makes a pizza awesome so I wanted to pack as much flavour into it as I could. Pesto is full of flavour, quick and easy to make all you need to do are gather your ingredients, throw them in a blender and blitz them into a smooth paste, no cooking required!

Sundried Tomato Pesto
5 sundried tomatoes*
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 garlic clove
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to season

Once you've got your base and you sauce done you just need to add the toppings, I crammed a bunch of fresh veggies on mine which I cooked separately and some avocado to give it a hint of creaminess in place of cheese. You can add whatever toppings you want, the possibilities are endless and once your toppings are on you can eat right away or put in an oven to cook for a few minutes, quick, easy and fresh!

Good Luck
Cate
xoxo


*Try to use the sundried tomatoes in oil if you can but if not just add a tablespoon of olive oil to the mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment