09 January 2015

5 Fandom Friday: My Favorite Things About Winter


Winter is here! It's bloody freezing outside but I kinda love this time of year because when it's cold outside you'll mostly find me indoors with a hot beverage (and pie), crafting, watching copious amounts of TV and catching up on comics, I consider it my own sort of geeky hibernation. This week's Fandom 5 post is all about winter and after spending the last couple in Iceland I've definitely grown a new found love for the season despite being born in a tropical country, so here and my 5 favourite things about winter.

Oh Snow
SNOW!!
One of the most magical memories I have is when we went horse riding in a snow storm in Iceland, it was honestly the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I freakin' love snow, it's just so magical and pretty and it's the one thing that will actually get me out of my geek hibernation because when it snows you have to build a snow creature it's the law!

Game of Thrones Direwolf Scarf Collection SCARVES
I have a long neck so scarves a pretty much a must for this time of year and I feel naked (and cold) leaving the house without one. Scarves are also one of the first things I learned how to knit which lead to my scarf/crafting obsession growing into a little business. I love that people love my scarf designs as much as I do, it makes me so happy that I'm keeping so many necks warm in the winter xoxo

Carrot, Ginger & Squash Soup 
SOUP
I seem to go through seasonal food obsessions because during the winter all I want to eat is soup, I mean it's just so warming and comforting. I know most people think soup is the most boring thing you can eat and yes I kinda agree which is why I like to make my own.

1 Night on the Pilatus
STARS
Darkness creeps in much earlier in the winter and as the saying goes "cold is the night when stars shine bright". Winter is a great time to go stargazing and I have many happy memories as a child all wrapped up outside with my Dad spotting all the different constellations and gazing at the moon though our awesome telescope, it's also the best time of year to go aurora spotting, another amazing thing I got to see whilst in Iceland  

SNUGGLES
Do I really have to explain this one? I mean there's nothing better when it's cold outside than snuggling up in a nice warm bed and FYI doggie snuggles are the best!

Check out #Fandom5 creators The Nerdy Girly & Super Space Chick & tell us what you love about Winter
Love & Cookies
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment