22 May 2015

5 Fandom Friday: 5 Nerdiest Things You've Ever Done


Welcome to another Fandom Friday brought to you by The Nerdy Girly & Super Space Chick. This week's topic was suggested by @Tickled_TK. I actually struggled this week to think of 5 nerdy things I've ever done mostly because I didn't quite know what counted as nerdy so I had to ask a couple people what they thought the nerdiest thing I'd ever done was and most of them mentioned the first thing on my list which I'll admit I didn't think was especially nerdy until I really thought about it and so I got the inspiration for the rest of the list and realised I'm probably not as much of a casual nerd as I think I am, but still I think that's kinda awesome!

Cosplay
One of my favourite things to do is create outfits inspired by my favourite characters, movie and TV shows and for the past few years I've branched out into making my own costumes and I love it it's so much fun and I think it's currently one of the nerdiest things I do as I spend quite a large proportion of my free time either making or planning out costumes it's completely taken over The Batcave there are all sorts of costumes and props hanging all over the place now that I think I'll have to build a new wardrobe especially for all my fandom costumes and outfits.

Area 51 (51) 
Visit Area 51
I mentioned this in a previous Fandom 5 but I have to mention it again because the reaction I got when I said I had booked the family a day trip to go alien hunting in Area 51 was priceless! There's not many people who would take a trip out of the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas to the middle of nowhere just to visit a mailbox and an alien themed cafĂ© but I would do it every damn weekend if I could.

Comic Con 2013
San Diego Comic Con
San Diego Comic Con is heaven on earth for nerds and I'm so happy I got to go at least once. To anyone who questions my geekiness do you think I'd really travel 14 hours on a plane, suffer though jetlag and spend a ridiculous amount of money on flights, hotels, exclusive collectables etc. if I was faking it? Call me a "Fake Geek Girl" I dare ya and you'll be seeing the pointy end of my friend Longclaw! But despite all the stress and possible heartache SDCC may cause I would do it all again in a heartbeat because it's awesome and one of the best experiences I've ever had.

AGENT CARTER IS BACK & I CRIED!!
I cried, real tears, tears of happiness when I first heard that we were getting another season of Agent Carter. I wasn't expecting to get another season at all after hearing about the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off and those leaked emails, the sad fact is women are still overlooked in this genre and even sadder I've gotten used to it but my faith has been restored in Marvel and I'm so happy I get to see more of this awesome lady on my TV, in fact as I'm writing this I can feel more tears coming... I just love Peggy so much!

Elizabethan Lemon Cakes
Cooked a Game of Thrones themed Christmas dinner
A Feast of Ice and Fire is my fave cookbook! If you've ever read the Song of Ice and Fire books you'll know George RR Martin can describe all sorts of fictitious foods in such a delicious way it'll make you drool all over the pages and although it has been a while since I cooked up some lemon cakes when I first received the book I cooked EVERYTHING and I even volunteered to cook Christmas dinner for the family just so I could pretend we were having Christmas at Winterfell, granted I was probably the only person at the table who appreciated the nerdiness of the meal it was still delicious and loved by all and there wasn't a single leftover in sight so I take that as a good sign. Fandom related cooking is my jam!

Check out #Fandom5 creators The Nerdy Girly & Super Space Chick & join in on the Fandom Friday fun!
Love & Lemon Cakes
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment