19 May 2015

Out & About in London

Hamleys Toy Shop

Whilst in London for The Game of Thrones Exhibition I had a bit of extra time to go exploring. I think I've seen more of London in these past couple years than I have in my whole life but I figure with the rise in train ticket prices I might as well make the most out of my trips there.

Hamleys Toy Shop

Hamleys Toy Shop

My train arrived late afternoon which gave me plenty of time to do a little shopping so I thought where better to explore than Hamleys, the world's oldest and largest toy store. I last visited Hamleys when I was 8 years old and remember falling in love with all the old fashioned Victorian Doll houses they had there. All these years later and I still get super excited about all the toys (check out the price tag on that Gorilla!) and the Lego displays of The Royal Family gave me a bit of a chuckle, only in London!

Jinjuu

Jinjuu Korean Fried Chicken

Jinjuu Bulgogi Tacos

Fellow blogger Winnie of Diamond Canopy blogged about her trip to Korean restaurant Jinjuu and as we share a love of all Asian foods I thought I would go check it out. I'm happy to report the food was excellent we ordered so many different things to try including Mandu, Bibimbap, Korean Fried Chicken and Kimchi but my absolute fave were these Bulgogi Tacos I'd definitely visit there again if I got the chance and they get bonus points for all the Kpop boy band music and posters in the toilets, that was a great touch.

Shakespeare's Globe

Shakespeare's Globe

Shakespeare's Globe

Shakespeare's Globe

Shakespeare has been such a big inspiration to me, while studying Shakespeare I found my love for literature and theatre so I really wanted to visit the reconstructed version of Shakespeare's Globe. I loved it, it was a little piece of ye olde England amongst London's modern architecture. I would love to see a performance there the stage was magnificent and beautifully done, of course with it being open air it's not really audience friendly in the winter so I'll be sure to check back in the summer when you can get £5 tickets to performances there.

LDN

The more I see of London the less I dislike it and the better I am at navigating the tube. My next visit will be for London Film & Comic Con funds permitting so hopefully I'll manage to fit in a few more sights, museums and Korean tacos then.

Do you have any reccomendations for things to do, see and eat in London? Let me know in the comments
Love & LDN
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment