28 July 2015

#LFCC: Meeting Hayley Atwell AKA Agent Carter


Ever since Peggy's introduction in Captain America: The First Avenger, I have been obsessed with this lady. When I heard about the one-shot debut at San Diego Comic Con I got there first thing to get tickets but unfortunately with the craziness that was Game of Thrones I missed out on seeing it BUT to my delight she returned with her own whole series and OMG it is the best thing currently on TV and I cannot put into words my love for this lady. I was thinking of skipping London Comic Con this year to save some cash but as soon as Hayley Atwell was announced as a guest I knew I had to go, unfortunately tickets quickly sold out for the weekend and just as I was about to admit defeat my awesome Dad knowing my love for Peggy got us a pair of gold passes so of course I cried...

LFCC Hayley Atwell

I've been doing this Captain Carter outfit/cosplay thing since SDCC in 2013 so I thought I would do a mash up of past outfits seeing as I wouldn't have time to make a new one and even though I said I wouldn't do a con in heels again I had to wear the Peggy shoes because they're THE shoes she wore in the show. I was very excited but nervous to meet her and add heels into the mix and there was a very real chance of me falling flat on my face (Fun Fact: when I first met Kristian Nairn AKA Hodor I tripped and fell into his desk... so glamorous!). My first encounter with her was at her photoshoot and I honestly felt so faint and giddy waiting for my turn but thankfully I didn't fall over and when my turn came her eyes lit up and she said she really loved my outfit and I looked fantastic and all I could manage to say to her was a very squeaky "THANK YOU!" before skipping out of the photobooth.

LFCC Hayley Atwell

LFCC Hayley Atwell

When I met her again later at the signing I had no idea what I said to her or what we spoke about I was just in a complete daze but there was so many things I wanted to say to her like how much I love her, how grateful I am for her for speaking up about representation and equality and how much she's influenced and made me want to be the best person I can possibly be but I was so damn stunned I think I just said thank you a million times while grinning like an idiot but at least I didn't cry or fall over so that's something...

LFCC Hayley Atwell

LFCC Hayley Atwell

At the end of the day Hayley gave a talk and when she first came of stage she spotted me in the hat pointed at me grinning and gave me a wave then preceded to tell us all about her dubsmash adventures in SDCC and how she took a 5 hour flight to Altanta to make a 9 second video with Chris Evans (if you haven't seen it go forth and watch the madness it's amazing!) then as soon as it was done flew back to LA and how much fun they have on set pranking each other. Most importantly though she spoke so eloquently about the importance of Peggy and her role as a feminist working which almost made me cry because she just gets it and she's not afraid to speak out, it was just everything I love about her and it made me so happy, Peggy is definitely paving the way for more female led roles and representation in the superhero worlds and this is what I've always wanted, it's so warming to hear that Marvel are really taking these issues seriously and not just brushing us off. It's not everyday you get to meet your heroes and Hayley Atwell is definitely one of mine, she's a beautiful human inside and out and I wish her all the best and I can't wait to see more of her and Agent Carter soon.

More blog posts on London Film & Comic Con coming soon so keep following
Love & Lipstick
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment