09 March 2016

FYeahJapan: Finding Peace at Nezu Shrine

Nezu Shrine

New Years is a crazy time of year in Tokyo and after days of non-stop bargain hunting it was time for a break for our minds and our purses so we decided to visit a little know place, Nezu Shrine. The shrine isn't too far away from Ueno Park but isn't as popular as Sensoji or the Meiji Shrine but definitely worth a visit.

Nezu Shrine

Nezu Shrine

Nezu Shrine

After being caught up in the new years sale madness and surrounded buy a sea of humanity all pushing and shouting I thought a break at a quiet temple was exactly what we needed and although the temple still had a line of visitors all waiting to give their prayers for the new year thankfully it wasn't nearly as busy as the other shrines we had visited.

Nezu Shrine

Nezu Shrine reminded me a bit of Fushimi Inari in Kyoto with it's Tori Gates and fox statues which was one of my favourite places we visited in Japan so I enjoyed our little visit to Nezu Shrine as it gave me some sense of peace after days of craziness it was like I could breathe again and I enjoyed just watching the koi fish swimming around the waterfalls and the peacefulness around me.

Nezu Shrine

Nezu Shrine

Nezu Shrine

I always enjoy seeing the wishes that people leave at the shrine although most of them are written in Japanese I did spot a couple in English and Thai, one of our favourites was one written by a kid who said they wished to become an idol, that made me smile, I hope they get their wish!


What are your favourite places to visit to feel a sense of peace?
Love & Foxes
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment