05 April 2016

FYeahJapan: Toyko Tower

Tokyo Tower

Tokyo Tower is one of those iconic landmarks you just have to see, I remember watching Sailor Moon when I was little and thinking one day I'm going to visit there (and become a magical girl) so upon our return to Tokyo after our mini Seoul/Kansai break we paid it a visit.

Tokyo Tower

Right next to Tokyo Tower is Zojoji Temple which not only a beautiful place to visit but gives you a great view of the tower, I always love how colourful and vibrant the Buddhist shrines are. 

Tokyo Tower

Tokyo Tower

Almost every place in Japan has its own mascot and Tokyo Tower has two the Noppon Brothers. Most mascots seem to have a kinda resemblance to what they're representing but with these guys I have no idea what they are and I'll keep this post PG friendly so I won't say what I think they are but he kinda creeped me out....


Tokyo Tower Tokyo Tower

It was Christmas Day when we visited Tokyo Tower although there weren't any special celebrations happening there it's was still a nice way to commemorate the day. We didn't go to the top of the tower but we did explore the shopping area and restaurants inside, almost every attraction in Tokyo seems to have a mall attached to it with souvenirs of all kinds, I especially love the food souvenirs and the Hello Kitty ones, I can never get enough Hello Kitty!

Tokyo Tower

What are the strangest mascot characters you've ever seen?
Love & Flowers
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment