05 July 2016

FYeahJapan: The Legendary Square Watermelon at Osaka Castle

Osaka Castle

This month I'm going to be sharing my final part of my Japan adventures and it's going to be all about Osaka and I'm starting it all off with Osaka Castle. Every time someone asked me what there was to see in Osaka the castle was normally my first reply although there are many other things to see and do there my mind always goes blank when people put me on the spot but the castle is a beautiful place and definitely worth seeing.

Osaka Castle

Osaka Castle

Can you believe these photos were taken in December as it looks just like springtime with the blossoms on the trees, it was quite cold that day despite the bright weather though but the gardens surrounding the castle were very beautiful. You can go inside the castle grounds but we were cheap and got a great view for free from the gardens.

Osaka Castle

The highlight of that day has to be finding the infamous square watermelon and the funniest thing was we had just said we needed to find one after geeking out about The Simpson's Japan episode which is hella old but still funny. We also got to try some pink strawberriess from the people who ran the fruit stand which were so delicious and sweet (and expensive!) because they thought I was cute, no really guys it's true or maybe they just thought my panda tights were cute but either way yay for free fruit!

Osaka Castle

Osaka Castle

What castles would you love to visit?
Love & Cats
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment