25 April 2017

How to Deal with Loneliness and Long Distance Relationships

cupcakes for Laura

Loneliness and long distance relationships can be hard on the heart even with the internet being able to connect us to loved ones all over the world at the click of a button the distance and lack of physical contact can sometimes make us feel lonelier than ever. Being a "halfie" (Thai/British) I've always been half a world away from the people I care about and although I'm kinda used to it I still get moments of loneliness but over the years I've found it much easier to deal with so here are a few ways I deal with those long distance relationships.

Untitled
Communication
Now we have the internet and smartphones we can be connected to our loved ones at any given moment be it through social media, Skype, WhatsApp, Line, Kakao Talk etc. I talk to my friends and family almost every day and I love it because there was a time I'd go months without talking to anyone but now I can see their faces whenever I want via video chat and we can send each other all sorts of silly memes and selfies to cheer each other up.

♥ooooh pinky cloud, i love you ana♥
Care Packages
I love treating my friends and family and who doesn't love getting presents? Care packages and letters are a sweet way to keep in touch with loved ones and show them you're thinking about them and receiving them can make you feel even better. Care packages can also be a reminder of home if you're living abroad or even a glimpse into life in another country if your loved ones are living far away.

Ladurée
Solo Dates
Learning to enjoy your own company is one of the best things you can do for yourself and one of the things I like to do if I'm feeling down is take myself out to a cute coffee shop and treat myself. It might sound strange especially when you're surrounded by couples but spending time alone with a good book or some music and just watching the world go by can be a great mood booster especially if there's cake, cake always helps!

Untitled
Exercise
Physical activity can boost endorphins therefore giving you an instant mood booster so it's a good thing to do for yourself and of course you want to stay healthy for the next time you see your loved ones so taking up some sort of sport can be beneficial all round, staying in bed and moping does no good for anyone so get up, get out there and do something!

Love & Cuddles
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment